Full-Time Admix Technician
Oregon Oncology Specialists is looking for a Admix Technician to join the team! This position is a key contributor on the care team, providing great care to our patients and support to colleagues. As a Admix Technician, under the supervision of a physician you will perform the technical, nonjudgmental aspects of medication preparation, inventory management of chemotherapy, medications, and supplies, and oral medication coordination duties in the IOD. The Admix Technician will provide coverage at both our Salem and McMinnville clinics.
Job Functions Include:
- Prepare medication orders by admixing medications under supervision of physician.
- Accurately prepare and label sterile hazardous and non-hazardous products within OSHA guidelines and following clinic policies.
- Ensure appropriate requirement processes and documentation are complete in a timely manner.
- Assists with required cleaning and maintenance of the admix area to reduce particle counts and improve overall sanitation.
- Establish and maintain par levels of chemotherapy, medication, and supply inventory.
- Review infusion schedules in collaboration with the Charge Nurse to identify diagnosis trends impacting medication and chemotherapy procurement and inventory management.
- Prepare regular chemotherapy, medication, and supply orders to ensure stock will meet the demands of operation.
- Process and prepare medication orders for physician dispensing of oral chemotherapy.
- Receive, ensure input of complete patient information into the system, and process written prescriptions using PharmaServ.
- Process 3rd party prescriptions, manage adjudication review, and reconcile payments from PBMs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years of college or completion of a para-professional pharmacy training program.
- 3 – 5 years of sterile Admix IV experience required.
- Chemotherapy admix experience.
- Demonstrable proficiency in IV admixture, inventory management, and dispensing.
- Retail or other physician dispensing outlet experience
- PharmaServ experience
- Salem and McMinnville Locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Outpatient Center
Email Careers@orcancer.com with the job title in the subject line, and attach your cover and letter and resume – single PDF preferred, but will also accept Word docs.
OOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Oregon Oncology provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities.