Full-Time Position – Salem Clinic
Are you ready to explore a career in the rapidly growing medical field? Oregon Oncology Specialists is a long standing, solid and growing practice that prides itself in providing exceptional patient care as well as truly valuing its staff. Are you someone that possesses excellent interpersonal skills, and an outgoing friendly demeanor? At Oregon Oncology Specialists, you will make a positive impact daily, you will be an integral point of contact for our patients, and an asset to our MA and RN staff.
Qualities you will need to be successful:
- Customer service experience
- Previous Experience in a medical environment preferred
- Must be able to quickly adapt to frequent process changes
- Must be able to use critical thinking and ask probing questions during each patient interaction
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to work with a diverse patient population
- Must have strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software.
- Work under immediate supervision
- Bilingual Spanish speaking required
- Availability to work long or irregular hours when needed
- Able to remain standing for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Can successfully move, operate, traverse, communicate, detect
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue
- High school diploma or equivalent.
This position is part of our critical first point of contact team for all patients entering our clinic and is responsible for assisting with patient flow and patient needs in the infusion area.
Essential Job Functions
- Escorts patients to and from valet parking area and treatment room as appropriate.
- Maintains the treatment room area including cleaning/sanitizing chairs, table, equipment, and other common surfaces.
- Will help with sharps disposal following all appropriate guidelines.
- Assists to and from rest room and disinfecting after use.
- Brings snacks and drinks to patients while they are receiving infusion treatments.
- Monitors and Stocks supplies in treatment room area.
- Responds to patients’ calls as requested.
- Maintains Dignicap equipment and assists patients with cap fitting.
- Escalates concerning symptoms promptly to the appropriate team members.
- Collaborates and works closely with medical assistants, registered nurses, advanced practice practitioners and ancillary staff.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor.
Salary & Benefits
- Cover health/dental benefits for employee; dependent benefits available
- FSA and HSA available
- Seven paid holidays per calendar year
- Generous 401k package
Email Careers@orcancer.com with the job title in the subject line, and attach your cover and letter and resume – single PDF preferred, but will also accept Word docs.