Oregon Oncology Specialists has an exciting opening for a Prior Authorization Specialist. Are you or someone you know looking to utilize your skill set in a new and impactful way? If so, we are eager to hear from you! As a Prior Authorization Specialist, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of referrals and obtain pre-authorizations for treatments from insurance companies. You will be an integral part in ensuring that our patients receive the important treatment they need.
Qualities you will need to be successful:
- Strong Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and organizational ability
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software.
Essential Job Functions
- Receives, processes prior authorizations required for treatment.
- Obtains insurance pre-authorization for patients and re-authorization of additional treatment.
- Ensures insurance carrier documentation requirements are met.
- Efficiently manages correspondence with the clinical team and insurance carriers.
- Works in collaboration with the entire revenue cycle team to improve processes and prevent financial toxicity for our patients.
- Ensures NCCN guidelines are followed and seeks clarification when through the pre-authorization process an order is found to not be in alignment.
- Maintains appropriate reports to accommodate transitioning patient and payer needs.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
- Job Type: Full-time
Ways OOS will appreciate you:
- Provide a positive, supportive atmosphere
- Competitive wages, incentive bonuses, paid holidays and paid time off
- Retirement savings plans with a great employer contribution
- 100% employer paid employee medical, vision, dental, insurance;
- Dependent medical, vision, dental insurance coverage available
- Tax-saving Flexible Spending Plans