The Clinical Trials Billing Specialist is an important part of our Research team and responsible for reviewing charges, coding, system build of clinical trials, billing compliance and auditing relating to clinical trial charges.
Job Functions Include:
- Build clinical trial protocols in practice management system based on coverage analysis
- Compare charges against coverage analysis breakdown to determine clinical trial vs standard of care billing and bill charges accordingly
- Review charges and codes prior to submitting claims to either insurance or sponsor for compliance
- Complete prior authorization of services according to insurance guidelines prior to clinical trial services
- Perform reviews of insurance guidelines and requirements for clinical trials including billing, coding, prior authorizations ensuring compliance
- Follow up on claims for correct payments and timeliness
- Provide financial counseling to clinical trial patients regarding their expected out of pocket and billing guidelines prior to enrolling in study.
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education or certification in medical coding, business or health-related field
- 2 years of coding or medical billing experience
- Working knowledge of CMS clinical trial policy
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, medical billing and billing compliance
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills; proficient with spreadsheets/databases
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to methodically review accounts to assure proper billing.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- $22.50 – $25.50/hr
Email Careers@orcancer.com with the job title in the subject line, and attach your cover and letter and resume – single PDF preferred, but will also accept Word docs.
OOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Oregon Oncology provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities.