At Oregon Oncology Specialists, our mission is to provide the highest quality, most advanced care, and to treat all of our patients with the utmost compassion, honesty and respect.
Most important of all are the relationships we form with our patients—and with each other. As one of the last physician-owned oncology practices in the Pacific Northwest, we offer the opportunity to work in a leading oncology clinic with exceptional coworkers committed to your success.
If our mission resonates with you and you have a passion for working with oncology patients, you might be just who we are looking for to join our team.
Oregon Oncology is looking for a compassionate and caring Medical Assistant to join our team as a critical front-line point of contact for all patients entering our clinic.This position will screen all patients and visitors for all symptoms related to coronavirus (COVID-19). It is important for the health and wellness of our patients and staff to promptly identify, separate, and ensure ill patients are evaluated prior to entering into our clinic.
Essential Job Functions
Screens all patients and visitors for potential Coronavirus (COVID-19) and other infectious disease symptoms through visual assessment and standardized questionnaires.
- Obtains required vital sign information prior to entering the clinic.
- Escalates concerning symptoms, vital sign abnormalities and concerns in physical appearance promptly to the appropriate team members.
- Collaborates and works closely with other medical assistants, registered nurses, advanced practice practitioners and ancillary staff.
- Follows all requirements related to personal protective equipment, cleaning of workstation, and physical distancing practices.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant.
- Must be able to quickly adapt to frequent process changes.
- Must be able to use critical thinking and ask probing questions during each patient interaction.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to work with a diverse patient population.
- Must have strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One main location in McMinnville
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
OOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
OOS is committed to the health and safety of our employees, patients and visitors.. PPE is provided and required to be worn. Cleaning is done around the clock during our clinic hours.