Support Groups Abound
If you want to walk your cancer journey with others, support groups are a great place to start. They’re found in many different places and take many different forms. A few suggestions:
- Check social media sites such as Facebook.
- Ask friends for suggestions.
- Your church may have offerings.
- The local YMCA might host groups.
- Many cancer or disease-specific groups exist and can be found through a quick Google search.
Check out Local Support Groups
Salem Cancer Institute offers a number of support groups focused on cancer. These include:
- artistic groups that encourage cancer patients to express themselves through art and share their work.
- fitness groups that can motivate cancer patients to keep themselves strong and fit to improve outcomes and improve recovery.
- groups that focus on specific types of cancer, for example: breast or prostate cancer patients.