Cancer Resources are Available
Resources are available to help you manage your disease and your life during treatment. Oregon Oncology Specialists has created individual pages for local resources with the highest demand.
- Nurse Navigators
- Cancer Diagnosis Resources
- Social Workers
- Support Groups
- Nutritional Counseling
- Managing Treatment Side Effects
Resources Near Salem, and Online
- Livestrong at the Y: A special program partnering local Y organizations and the Livestrong Foundation. Offered in both Salem and Independence, the program provides 12 free weeks of functional training in a small group for cancer patients, and a family member.
- Salem Health Community Health Education Center’s RISE fitness program is specifically for cancer patients.
- Willamette Valley Hospice
- Kindred Hospice
- Serenity Hospice
- Legacy Hospice (McMinnville area)
- Providence Hospice (McMinnville area)
- The Livestrong Foundation offers information and resources to support cancer patients and survivors whose fertility may be at risk due to a cancer diagnosis and/or its treatment.
- Freedom from Smoking: Quitting smoking and the use of other nicotine products like chewing tobacco is the most important thing you can do for yourself and your family to live a healthier life. Check your health insurance; some policies help cover smoking cessation programs.
- Oregon Ki Society teaches and practices:
- Mind and body unification
- Breathing exercise and meditation
- Health exercises
- Application in daily life
- Salem Health Community Health Resource Center the CHEC offers classes that support cancer patients such as Chair Yoga, and Lymphedema management for breast cancer patients